Summer Camp Cancellation due to COVID-19
Final COVID-19 Announcement
May 14th 2020
It’s been 2 months now that Frontier Lodge has been closed as per the Quebec government’s measures to combat the spread of COVID-19. As a team, we have spent countless hours considering if and how we could proceed with camp this summer because we know how exciting and transformative the camp experience is for both our campers and staff.
Based on the current situation, and in agreement with our Board of Directors, the decision has been made to cancel all Frontier Lodge camps this summer. We know that this will be extremely disappointing for our campers and staff, just as it is for us. We want you to know that every perspective has been considered, and this decision has not been taken lightly. The health and safety of our camp community is our first priority.
We understand that you would like to know what will happen to your camp fees now that camp has been cancelled. We will be contacting you to discuss your preferred option in the upcoming days, and we will be issuing refunds in the upcoming weeks.
We have several fee-reversal options available for your family:
– Full Refund: You may request a full refund of fees paid to date.
– Defer Fees to 2021: You may leave your fees with us for the 2021 season.
– Donation: If you would like to turn your registration fees into a full or partial donation, that would be a significant help to us in this very difficult season. We are planning to run camp next year.
“This will be the first time in 84 years that Frontier Lodge will not run summer camps”
Frontier Lodge is all about gathering in community and supporting one another. We know this is a difficult time for everyone and we are praying for you.
We are already dreaming for next summer- we would like nothing more than to have a full camp in 2021!
On behalf of Frontier Lodge,
Richard Cameron, General Director
Jennifer Canzani, Assistant Director